Firstly, I must give huge thank you to Jen from Jen’s Food and Lucy, Baking Queen 74 for doing such a brilliant job of hosting #Bakeoftheweek while I was away. It was lovely to see people taking part while I was sunning myself (it rained quite a lot so there actually wasn’t that much sunning!) I know that the roundups take forever to do and both ladies embraced them fully – really appreciate it, thank you!
Hard to believe that there is only one week remaining of the school holidays – I’m in full blown panic now about how I’m going to be separated from little Tara next week. I’m just not ready for her to go to school but she is. Its speedy recipes all the way for the next couple of weeks and if the kids can get involved with the bakes, all the better. Every second I’m spending with them counts. (The checkout operator in the supermarket the other day, said she bet I couldn’t wait for them to go back to school – I told her that actually I like my children and enjoy spending time with them! Bet she wasn’t expecting me to be quite so honest)
Anyway, back to baking – Cherry Scones it is. I had to check that I haven’t already posted a recipe for Cherry Scones as they are such a popular bake in this house but no. I get the littlies to help chop the butter into tiny cubes and snip the glace cherries with scissors.
For more scone goodnes, why not try some of these fello bloggers’ recipes?
Wild Garlic & Cheese Scones from Foodie Quine
Cheese, Ham & Potato Scones from Fab Food 4 All
Rich Chocolate Scones from Tin & Thyme
Orange Scones from Sew White
Gluten Free Scones from Lancashire Food
Hot Cross Scones from The Crafty Larder
Mini Lemon & Lime Scones from Casa Costello
My featured Bake of the Week is one that I cannot stop thinking about – I am in awe of how smooth and white this frosting is on Andrea from Made with Pink’s Black Forest Cake – Just beautiful. I love the simplicity of the decoration and that’s even without thinking how gorgeous it must taste! I’m loving the revival of Black Forest after its recent appearance on GBBO.
I’ve split the entries into cakes and other bakes – As the nights draw in, there’s few things better than settling down with a brew and a slab of cake. There’s plenty of delicious recipes here if you fancy trying a new cake flavour:
- You cannot beat Malteser’s for fast, easy & effective decoration – Janice from Farmer’s Girl teams Malteser’s with Caramel in this luscious birthday cake.
- A classic combination of Coffee & Walnut in Jibber Jabber’s tempting offering
- Gin & Tonic Cake for an alternative way of eating madeira cake from Its not easy being greedy
- A warm welcome to Judith from Mostly About Chocolate with her creamy & dreamy Best Chocolate Cupcakes Ever!
- I’ve tried made traditional Snickerdoodles but never in cake form, this from Winnie’s Blog looks great
6. Mmm to Sew White’s Black Forest Brownies – Brownies are definitely on my ‘to bake list’ before the kids go back to school
7. More Brownies from Kerry Cooks with her Easy Gooey Triple Chocolate Brownies – Cor!
8. Pistachio & Caramel Biscotti – another inspired by GBBO recipe but perfectly executed by All You Need Is Love and Cake
9. Super pretty Shortbread Sandwich Biscuits from Winnie’s Blog
10. Gluten Free Chocolate & Pear Torte from Linzi at Lancashire Food – I’m lamenting the poor crop from our pear tree this year – only 10 useful pears!
11. Blueberry & Pecan Galette – Reminiscent of my recent travels to France from Petite Raisin
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
I’m going to leave the linky open for 2 weeks – I hope you understand, I want to savour every minute with the 3 girls before school especially Baby T. As usual there’s no theme and all types of bakes count – If its cooked in an oven or slow cooker, then you are welcome to take part. The badge is above for you to include in your post. Every entry will be tweeted, pinned, commented & Google +ed aswell as being included in the roundup. Feel free to join in the Pinterest board – If you would like to join the board and be able to link up any baking pins, please shout!