Did you receive Cherries in Kirsch this Christmas? I got 2. I think they are definitely the food gift of the moment. They are a lovely gift (in fact my mum asks me for some every year) but I’m never entirely sure what to do with them – What do you suggest?
I wanted to make something comforting for dessert but also quick and easy to prepare as I have had my 3 year old apprentice with me today. I remembered a pudding I made a while ago that went down a storm. Similar to my Peach & Amaretto Crumble.
My featured post from last week’s #FoodieFriday is from the Gluten Free Alchemist with her Chocolate Layer Cake – Its a true talent to make something that looks so inviting and luxurious but yet is still catering for special diets. The colours and the rich ganache make it such a treat – Kate does say we can share it but who would want to, even though its Valentines?!
1. The genius idea to include raspberry jam in these meringue kisses has made their divine colour – Domestic Goddess
2. Timeless combination of lemon and coconut join together in My Little Italian Kitchen’s Lemon Coconut Yogurt Cake
3. How luxurious does Truly Madly Kids’ Devils Food Cake look? I rather like the idea of it using milk chocolate as dark chocolate quite often seems too grown up for me!
4. This toffee apple cheesecake cannot possibly be slimming but Juggle Mum tells us it is! I’ve done yoga behind her this week and I can confirm her bottom is barely there! 😉
5. And another slimming recipe from Juggle Mum with her Sweet Potato Fries – They would make the perfect snack for while I’m typing this post!
6. Celebrating all things Breakfast was Foodie Quine with her bacon in pancakes – I dare not show my girls these!
7. Herb, Spices & Traditions use of dried figs in this Fig Halwa is very clever and perfect for those who want the goodness of figs but are not fans of the whole fruit
8. This Chocolate, Coconut & Raspberry Meringue Cake is so clever and also caters for special diet needs in that it is Dairy and Egg Free – Just beautiful!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/foodie-friday-badge.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The linky is now open for this week’s #FoodieFriday – As usual there is no theme and any food posts are welcome. Please add the badge to your posts – A max of 3 posts per week please but old posts are completely fine.
The linky will remain open until next Thursday tea time and hopefully I might get to post the roundup slightly earlier – But its still Friday so hey!
If you could pop over to any other entrants, that would be great – its lovely to see the hashtag #FoodieFriday popping up around the blogosphere.