These were not at all like we were expecting, the first time I made them. For some reason I thought they might be chewy but they were definitely biscuit/cookie like. This made them all the more popular with the girls – especially Violet.
For complete luxury, they are wonderful dipped into Duce de leche or caramel but beware, it can get messy! I use browned butter for more depth of flavour but if you are short on time, regular melted butter works too.
A great start to the ALL NEW #FoodieFriday last week – I’m still making my way through all the entries – I love the variety of foods that people cook with. Do you find that you just simply don’t have all the time needed to try all the combinations? Food is so interesting, isn’t it? Anyway, I’ve veered off track …
My highlight of last week’s #foodiefriday linkup are these grilled asian wings from Beets & Blue Cheese – I love the title of the post ‘winging it again’ just as much as the recipe. They are less guilt ridden that typical wings – I’m ashamed to say that we sometimes buy supermarkets’ own wings which are quite often riddled with fat, high in salt and who knows what quality of chicken.
So well done, Beets & Blue Cheese – may your recipe stick in the teeth of the blogging community this week! (Just my teeth then?)
1. Nadine from Juggle Mum has shared with us her Healthy & Slimming Carrot Soup – I think this looks really hearty and welcoming. I wouldn’t feel short changed if I was served this.
2. This is a wonderful photo of a Mango Smoothie from Herbs, Spices & Tradition – I can almost feel the tang of the mango!
3. How pretty is this Spinach & Ricotta Pasta from Domestic Gothess? Just beautiful colours.
4. Macarons are a true labour of love for the Gluten Free Alchemist but these Blackcurrant & Dark Chocolate ones are definitely worth the effort.
5. Fancy a guilt free roulade – Juggle Mum has some tips for you with her Black Forest Roulade oozing with deliciousness!
6. I cannot think of a more perfect way to start a day than Patisserie Makes Perfect’s Raspberry & Rose Cronuts
7. Or maybe the day could be even better if you also had these blueberry muffins from Truly Madly Kids!
Thanks so much to everyone who joined in and commented on each other’s entries last week. The badge is below for you to add to your posts for this week’s linky.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/foodie-friday-badge.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
The linky will remain open until next Thursday. Feel free to add up to 3 foodie posts each – There’s no theme as usual and all entries will be commented on (eventually!), pinned, tweeted & google+’ed. Feel free to leave a comment letting me know you’ve linked up and let me know what you think of the Pecan Bites.
Joining in with: