I promise you, you will never look the same way at Apple Crumble ever again after eating this! Much as I love a traditional dessert, sometimes they need a bit of refreshing. I suppose in posh circles this would be called a deconstructed Apple Crumble – Whatever you want to call it, its delicious. And once again, very easy to make!
I love this served hot or cold – Obviously the ice-cream melts very fast if the Apple Pecan Crunch is still hot.
Its all about apples this week in our house – we have been gifted some baking apples from our lovely friend, Sue and I have a huge bag of apples from nursery. When Violet left, we bought the nursery an apple tree as a leaving gift. Apparently this year is a bumper crop for the tree (must be because Tara now goes there!) and I have offered to make some mini cakes for the kids with the apples. The gift that keeps on giving?!
To keep with the apple theme, I’ve chosen Franglais Kitchen’s Cinnamon Apple Meringues as my featured bake – They are just lovely. I love anything meringue so am desperate to have a go at these!
It was a hard decision as usual, due to the amazing array of bakes that keep on being submitted …
1. Chocolate Orange Cupcakes for Grown Ups by Jaisee Mummy – This comes complete with tons of decorating suggestions. This woman is amazing!
2. More apple again with Apple & Honey Cookies from Family-Friends-Food – These look a lovely bake with a really chewy middle. Yum!
3. Ooh I so very nearly awarded featured bake to these Violet & Vanilla Cupcakes due to my love of all things violet – by Mummy Whiskers
4. A beautiful Mary Berry Austrian Cake from the delicious Searching for Spice in line with the GBBO European week.
5. Chocolate and Salted Caramel Tart – My mouth waters every time I see this from Baking Queen 74.
6. It was the pistachio icing on these Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes from ET Speaks From Home that did it for me. Mmmm.
We are now open for business for your new entries for Bake of the Week – Don’t forget to spread the word and invite new members. Here’s the badge for your post.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
All entries are shared around the web. Don’t forget to tweet if you’ve entered if you get chance #Bakeoftheweek.
I’m entering into A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week as usual and http://honestmum.com posts by Honest Mum