This Caramel sauce is definitely my new addiction. Paired up with the delicious taste (and chewiness) of Toasted Coconut in a light sponge – You have a dessert made in heaven.
These little cake are just as good made into a large cake (I have a large version cooling in the kitchen as I type) and again work equally well with Buttercream frosting but with the caramel sauce?? Just wow!
The great news about the caramel sauce is that it is super easy to make, makes tons and I will be producing loads of recipes over the next few days that you can use it in. Or you can just eat it from a spoon on its own! Slurp!
Can you believe a week has gone since my last Bake of the Week roundup? It only seems like yesterday but still lovely to see people getting involved.
While this week’s recipe from me is focussing on mini sponges, I’m going to choose My Little Italian Kitchen as this week’s Bake of the Week. Alida shares with us her Almond Chocolate Speculaas which she describes as Addictive Mini Bites. I’m sure they are! Congratulation also go to Alida for winning the Uniform Foodies Challenge that I got involved with a couple of weeks ago.
Its that lovely season when Berries are ripe and so good to include in bakes – Let me present you with The Berry Collection!
From Left to right:
- Strawberry & Elderflower Eton Mess Cake from Mummy Mishaps
- Mixed Berry Traybake from ET Speaks From Home
- Red Berries Pavlova from Allotment 2 Kitchen
As usual, we also had some really individual bakes: From Left to Right ..
- Brazilian Banana & Chocolate Chip Tapioca Cake – A super gluten free bake made using tapioca flour. This lady is ingenious with her creations!
- A wonderfully neat BritPop cake from Julia at WannabeFoodie. Julia did a brilliant job keeping me company at BritMums and I think she’s still sane!
- A #BoredomBake (her words, not mine) from Claire at Life, Ninja Killer Cat in the form of this delicious looking Carrot Cake
The link is now open for this week’s Bake of the Week. Don’t forget to spread the word – I will spread your posts all across the internet too! Any bakes welcome as usual – Savoury or sweet – as longs it has been near an oven, that is fine. I’ll be doing my Baking round up for Foodies100 over the next coming days so will be looking closely for any flavour combinations that you use. Its my chosen topic of the month.
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.casacostello.com" title="Casa Costello" target="_blank"><img src="http://casacostello.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Bake-of-the-week.jpg" alt="Casa Costello" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
As usual I’m linking up to a few people…
Emily at A Mummy Too’s Recipe of the Week, Lucy at SuperGoldenBake’s Cook Blog Share, and Honest Mum’s Tasty Tuesday