I’ve been having a nosy at some blogs this afternoon – you know how you do when you’ve got so much to do you can’t see straight. I cam across a post by English Mum that got me thinking. She was challenged to describe herself in just one word and say why. Becky had a whole combination of words that she could use and came up with Independent as her word.
There’s only one word that I can think of for me …OPTIMISTIC. Here’s why:
- I’m optimistic that we’ll get somewhere on time one day.
- I’m optimistic that one day my kids will be good friends instead of killing each other.
- I’m optimistic that one day, scientists will discover that a diet of gin and cake is good for you.
- I’m optimistic that the girls will eat all their packed lunches one day.
- I’m optimistic that I’ll be a size 12 soon – delusional perhaps?
- I’m optimistic that there’s the possibility of seeing the bottom of the ironing pile in the future.
- I’m optimistic that we’ll find that library book.
- I’m optimistic that my husband will eventually grasp when and where the children have to be at rainbows/beavers/dancing.
- I’m optimistic that we’ll win the lottery (Best buy a ticket first though)
There’s plenty of more serious things that I’m optimistic about: Plans for the future of my children, That a cure for Alzheimers will someday be found, that I can rely on people if I needed them.
Without optimism how can we get through our day? So with a happy thought to the future I’m off to WI anticipating that everyone will enjoy our evening of Belly Dancing!
So what would your word be? I’m intrigued.