Tatty Teddy/Me to You Birthday Cake: Cake of the Week and a rare family photo

Tatty Teddy Me to You Birthday Cake

Please excuse the look and layout of the blog. It is sick. Very sick. A new flashy blog look will be up soon!

We had a lovely day yesterday. We held Violet’s 7th birthday party. We were brave and invited the whole class plus extra friend’s children. If everyone could have made it, we would have ended up with 55+ children but in the end, 40+ could come. (Still enough!)

As usual, time was of the essence this week. We only got back from being in London where Mil was at her last England Talent Squad, on Wednesday night. Obviously, I hadn’t started any party preparations or THE CAKE before we went – that would be far too sensible! So, all systems go and 2 very late nights, here’s what we ended up with.

A brave Dermot delivering the cake!

A brave Dermot delivering the cake!

My instructions were to make a 3 tier cake with mostly chocolate cake and a Tatty Teddy theme. I saw the ribbon in John Lewis’ on Oxford Street earlier in the week and thought immediately of the cake. When I got it home, I discovered it was Washi Tape though but decided to go with it anyway. Think I just about got away with it, although the ribbon isn’t as neat as I normally prefer. It was pointed out that I had only made 6 stars (never thought to put 7!) and Violet told me this morning that I should have put ‘Violet IS 7′! What a failure as a mother ;-)

We took a moment at the end of the party to have our picture taken by our lovely friend, Cara. Amazingly, we are all looking the same way and smiling – what a professional!

The Costello Family

Comments

• Helen says

I’m so new to washi tape madness – I may have to make a drawer especially for a new addiction I feel coming my way!

1. says

That cake is amazing! I made my first homemade birthday cake this year and it wasn’t a patch on that! The washi tape looks really effective and that’s a beautiful family photo.

• Helen says

Aw thanks Pippa. There are so few pictures of us all together that when one comes along it feels really special. Bet your cake was fab!

• Helen says

Brave or daft? To be honest they were so much easier than I thought they would be. The entertainers knew exactly how to control them.

• Helen says

Everyone comments on her hair! Hope the curls stay – A lady has described her as ‘the face of an angel but …’ this afternoon. I can only imagine what was going to follow the ‘but’ !

2. says

The cake is absolutely amazing hun well done.

Hope your little girl had an amazing birthday.

You were very brave to hold a big birthday party like that. I would have gone into meltdown :-)

Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

Hope to see you again next weekend

Laura x xx

• Helen says

Thanks! I’m just happy it went off without any traumas. Great to ‘meet’ you via the Blog Hop – will visit again soon x