The weather may be getting that slight bit warmer but until its in the 30’s I will not be put off soup! This was a recipe I made up and tweaked due to opening a tin of sweetcorn by mistake when I actually wanted peas. Not one to waste food, I immediately turned the corn to soup. My first try was almost a disaster, the bottom just started catching on the bottom but luckily I was there to rescue it. Its not saying much for my cooking skills is it, that I can burn soup?!
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1 large tin of sweetcorn or approx 400g frozen sweetcorn
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 250ml water
- Slowly cook through the onions until they are soft & transparent in a splash of cooking oil for at least 5 mins
- Add the rest of the ingredients and half of the water into the pan and simmer on a medium heat for at least 10 minutes until the corn is soft.
- Watch the amount of water - add more at intervals but take care that the bottom doesn't burn.
- Blitz with a blender to make a really smooth soup.
- I sprinkled chilli flakes on the top of mine as I like a real kick. Dermot had ground black pepper on his as he is a little more controlled than me!
Click here for more entries into the Month of Soup collection – Feel free to add any good soup recipes that you recommend