I never cease to be amazed what you can order to be delivered to your door – I know I’m from an era when I can remember life without the internet (shock horror, how did we cope?) so I’m still in awe of the process of actually getting cold, decent food without having to go out for it.
I was contacted a couple of weeks ago about to see if I would like to try out the Westin Gourmet First Time Visitor meat selection pack and jumped in straightaway. My OH is from a big meat eating family, so I knew it would go down well with his irish genes (apologies for the stereotyping!)
Westin Gourmet are a UK based company that are Fine Food Guild accredited, Observer Food Awards Runner Up and Meat Management Award finalists and used by many of Britains top restaurants (yes, these are their own words, but it sums them up so well) My experience of dealing with them was professional, yet friendly so I was looking forward to my delivery.
I knew what was going to be in the box before it arrived, but when it came I was bowled over by how much there was. The contents of the box are normally £69 but Westin are offering readers a massive £30 off for a one off purchase.
Inside our box was:
• 1x 6oz Hereford Sirloin Steak – OH thoroughly enjoyed. See below for how we served it.
• 1x 6oz Aberdeen Angus Sirloin Steak – Delicious! Served with cous cous and mediterranean veg.
• 1x 1kg Packs of Steak Mince – This fed the 5 of us for 2 days running – great value. Tasty but not fatty.
• 2x 7-8oz Pork Loin Steaks – We gave these as a gift to our next door neighbour in payment for fitting a new back door lock – Much appreciated! Giving meat is the new giving a bottle of wine!
• 1x 1.5kg Whole Corn Fed Chicken – Devoured as a pre-christening feast. Succulent and meaty.
• 10x 4oz Gourmet Steak Burgers – The kids couldn’t get enough! Fantastic.
• 24x Award Winning Cumberland Sausages – Herby and tasty. Just perfect if you are serving for a large number.
There seemed so much more volume when it arrived than I was expecting. Everything was really juicy, the sausages were really chunky (not fatty), the steaks so inviting.
We had a huge family gathering planned the night before Sonny’s christening so dished out the burgers, sausages and chicken. I couldn’t get over how much the kiddies devoured the burgers.
I’d like to say we cooked exotic dishes with our supplies but I have to be honest and say we just enjoyed the simplicity of how delicious the meat was.
So all-in-all I can highly recommend this selection – get it now while the offer is on!