My box this month was exactly what being in a penpal scheme is all about. Exploring new tastes and products, whilst getting to know someone at the same time. My second month of being in the Foodie Penpal gang and our numbers are growing.
My penpal for this month, was Andrea from Made With Pink (a blog I could just read for hours – so pretty). Andrea said she was worried in case I already owned everything foodie and cakey – Dear Andrea, a girl can NEVER have too much baking stuff. When my parcel arrived, I was delighted. Andrea is originally from Canada and during a recent trip home, did her Foodie Penpal shopping – how lucky am I?
What did I get?
* Lemon Whoopie Pie Mix = I’m going to have a go at these this weekend. Can’t wait!
* Movie Theatre Popcorn = The girls are very eager to break into this.
* Some Maple Extract – I’m having great fun coming up with ideas that I can put this into. Gammon with Maple and Honey is springing to mind.
* A Coffee Crisp – Like a Coffee flavoured Creme Egg
* Cinnamon Roll frosting flavouring – I’m a new convert to cinnamon so this will go down a treat.
Thank you, Andrea – I love my parcel.
Of course, I sent a parcel out too – Mine was some little pink tagine pots (Which I have tried not to think about every day since I sent them but I’m going buying some tomorrow), some ‘proper’ chocolate and a selection of nuts. Yep, I forgot to take a picture but I believe my recipient, Sarah from NorthWestNosh was as in love with the little pots as I was.
Foodie Penpals are co-ordinated by Carol Anne from ThisisRockSalt – get it touch if you want to join the gang. We’re not that scary! The original idea is from Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean.