I love books and I love reading. That much is pretty obvious when you visit our house. There are loads of them EVERYWHERE – What started with a couple of shelves of books has quickly grown into a cupboard, then more cupboards, then rooms – now we have little piles of books in practically every room (including a couple at the bottom of the stairs that I can’t bring myself to move – You know, just in case I’m ever stuck at the bottom of the stairs with nothing to do ;-))
I have developed a bit of a problem though. I had a reading drought last year. Reading and Pregnancy do not work well together for me – I felt sick and just could not concentrate. Unfortunately though, Pregnancy and Buying Books work really well together for me. I only have to hear a conversation about a book and immediately I NEED to read it and that’s where the problem lies.
I started tons of books but became easily distracted by the other books on my To Read list. I now have loads of books that I got part way through but can’t remember if I stopped reading them because they were not my thing or I fully intended to carry on and life got in the way.
This is just part of the list – My question to you is ‘Have you read any of them and if so, which ones do I persevere with?’ I really need to create a bit more space (yep, for more new books) so please help me out …
- Perfume – Patrick Suskind
- The Second Coming – John Niven
- Started Early, Took My Dog – Kate Atkinson
- The Ladies’ Detective Agency (Got to book 4 but sort of lost momentum) – Alexander McCall Smith
- The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver
- The Snowman – Jo Nesbo
- The Hand That First Held Mine – Maggie O’Farrell
- Finding Home – Roisin McAuley
- Her Fearful Symmetry – Audrey Nifenegger